Sunday, February 1, 2009

Deadlines

I have been trying to figure out what to do with this blog for the last few days. What do I have to say that is unique and interesting?

I decided not to think about that, and just write songs, using this blog to ask myself questions about the song, like I always do. Usually I send myself an email with sometimes ridiculous questions like:

"What does it mean? Who are you you to say that?"

Sometimes I make demands:

"You'd better change that, it doesn't make sense, it's too revealing, and the melody is stagnant!"

In my answers I find I can step away, possibly deluding myself into thinking I am being impartial and have the capacity to advise.

Either that or bounce ideas off my cat.

So I am going to use this blog to post these things, as well as updates on songs in progress, with links to scratch sheets, notes, videos, and recordings of me writing.

Maybe you won't find it interesting. But I bet I will write and finish more songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment